Thursday, January 03, 2008

Typos

I generally try to steer clear of work related topics 'round here. But I've noticed two glaring errors in official communication from Corporate in the last two days. And I've just got to share.

Oops! Someone left a letter off the end of a word: "Then, and only the, "
Let me guess. Then, and only then, we will consider proof reading messages before sending them to literally thousands of employees.

Oops! Added a space where it shouldn't be. Increase is written as two words: "in crease"
I'm too tired to come up with something witty to mock this error. What say you?

2 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

Typos drive me nuts. Since we do a lot of writing around here we've gotten pretty good at copy editing too, so I notice them quite frequently when I'm out and about. The head trainer at my gym always uses the wrong your/you're and there/their/they're, and it drives me nuts!

Another common typo I see almost everywhere are misused apostrophes; they are my biggest pet peave.

Anonymous said...

I have seen recently another misplaced space: in tact. As in: The piece will be in tact. "Tact" isn't a place where things go when all is in order with the world.