But what sort of sock do I wear? The only other adult I know who has worn casual mary janes was Donna when she had her Docs in college. And that was a while ago... when did we get to be this old? And I digress... So, is a regular sock ok? Or do I need to get some of those sneaky socks that you won't be able to see in the cute little cut out section? Alas, going sockless simply isn't an option for me.

I also got these shoes as a gift. I added them to my wishlist without looking at all the alternate views and didn't realize the toes were quite so pointy until I opened them. That's ok though. I'm getting more used to the pointy point. I know I need to get some of the sneaky socks for these shoes.
7 comments:
I think that you can do regular socks with the mary janes. They are very cute!
When you get a definite answer, let me know. I have a pair of those as well as the tennis shoe type and I haven't worn them because I feel weird wearing regular socks with them.
regular socks are just fine...but wear them with long jeans. they're cute!
I never even heard of sneaky socks. I have no cool casual shoes. Those are cute. I am always looking at women's shoes to see what they are wearing with jeans. I am always wearing something totally wrong. These just might be it!
The sneaky socks might work, and I may have to look into them for some similar shoes I bought recently. Otherwise I just wear regular socks that match whatever outfit I'm wearing that day. Usually my pants are long enough that people would only see my socks when I sit down and since I'm usually sitting down with my feet under my desk or a conference table, no one ever seeks them.
I think you could do either. A visible sock is OK - and you have some cute ones - but also the bare top of the foot would be fine too. Options!
I'm pretty much addicted to Mary Janes. I have more pairs than I can count. I think the shoe was crafted for my foot.
Anyhow - with the one like you picked? You can either go with (1) cute patterned socks or (2) no-shows. I personally am not a fan of, say, the solid white, but a solid brown would be appropriate. I particularly love patterned socks (I love socks and sheets), so it's a great way to show off my cute sockage.
Does that help?
Post a Comment