Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jumbled

The last several days have been filled with highs and lows. I may or may not share all the details of that here.

One of the highs was getting to see Amy Tan speak last night with Mom sitting beside me.

One of the lows was hearing her open the pantry door last night at 11:30 (it squeaks a bit) while still watching HGTV. Our master bedroom shares a wall with the wall the TV is on in the family room. We don't have satellite in the guest room. She'd told me 45 minutes earlier that she'd be going to bed soon. But she didn't. I had to ask my mother to go to her room last night. And I've been feeling guilty and sad about it. Never mind the fact I busted her finishing off the Cheese Nips.

I'm trying to convince myself that it really is possible to be unintentionally inconsiderate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, busted Mom!

It is possible to be unintentionally inconsiderate, especially with people who know you very well. Parents are the worst and they don't mean to be.