I'm headed out of town next week for work for the first time in months. One of the things I look forward to most about traveling is the opportunity to read in airports and on airplanes. There's a "library" at the office that is set up as a very informal book exchange. Someone had brought in some new stuff within the last few weeks and I picked up a few books that I'm excited to add to my ever-growing "to read" pile(s). Now I need to finish up the last 100 pages of the book that Donna loaned me last time I saw her. It is a real page turner, so I should be able to get through the rest of it tomorrow.
What are you reading these days? And how many books do you have in your "to read" pile(s)? I'll tell if you tell... but I'll have to count first. I'm a little shy about it, honestly.
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I have my active "TBR" pile and then the things I've moved out of the "TBR" pile because I'm clearly never going to read them. Books I actually intend to read? 20. Books I own and will never read? 30. I almost bought another one last week called "The History of the Slacker". But I'm such a Slacker, I knew I'd never read it.
And I thought this was going to be a juicy post about your anniversary. Bummer.
Anyway, your TBR pile is waaaaaay bigger than mine. I would say mine is about five. Those are the ones sitting on my nightstand that I plan to get to very very soon. But there are so many on our general bookshelf that Jake read and I want to read but I never seem to get to. We are about to clean it out so we can move the shelves to paint in there so I can see my TBR nightstand pile growing in the next month or so....
My TBR piles actually spans vairous spans two rooms. There are some in the shelf on the entertainment armoire in the bedroom (abt 20) and another shelf on the bookshelf in the guestoom holds more (maybe 15) still. I wish I would make more time to read books. Then I'd probably have less time to spend reading blogs.
Post a Comment