Monday, September 24, 2007

Week #3

Yesterday started week 3 of all of this counting points nonsense. It's still rather tiresome, but I'm still sticking to it. Even though I'd saved up most of my extra weekly points to use at a friend's wedding reception on Saturday night, I went over my weekly allowance by 16 points. The three margaritas I had were 5 points each. They were well worth it and I only "gained" 0.6 pounds which still leaves me 3.6 pounds lighter than 2 weeks ago. I'm not going to get discouraged by the gain and hardly consider a gain of less than a pound a gain.

My in-laws will likely visit next weekend... trying to decide if I should let them in on my WW ways. MIL has had success with Atkins in the past and doesn't seem to buy in to the "everything in moderation" concept that I'm so fond of. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say keep it quiet. You can count your points in hiding. You surely don't need someone who is not going to be supportive of what you are doing telling you that all carbs are evil and a diet of bacon and cheese is ok.

Go you! And if you are going to go over your points allowance, margaritas are a hell of a way to go!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I don't think you should have to count those little bitty margs as 5 points each. I think they are referring to serious margs, like Vivo's.

And Donna Summer never wrote a song in her entire life.