Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Input Requested

I generally wash new clothes before wearing them. Do you? Does it make a difference if they're mail order and each item arrives wrapped in an individual bag?

Leave me a comment and let me know. Or, email me (linky link up on the top right).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it depends on how long I have before I want to wear it, where I bought it, and how much it touches my skin (underwear for example CANNOT be worn without a wash first). I personally think mail order stuff needs to be washed more than store bought stuff, because I have seen the facilities where one particular brand packages and mails its online orders. You'd definitely want to wash that before wearing.... Although I'm sure it's all the same as store bought stuff - they come from the same plants.

Eleanor said...

if it touches my skin directly, i wash it. if it doesn't, why bother? especially when it takes 4 hours to do 1 load of laundry! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I never wash anything before I wear it. I never have done that though I totally see why it would be a good idea. Other people have tried this stuff on! Gross!

Anonymous said...

This has now prompted a workplace poll. We're all going to wash all of our clothes from now on. None of us do, but we decided that's gross!

Anonymous said...

I don't prewash anything I buy from the store, usually. Well, I prewash unders but that's about it. Mostly I'm lazy and can't be bothered to do the rest - good lord why would I make myself do MORE laundry? ;)

Anonymous said...

I also don't wash anything before I wear it except for underwear. Unless it's a t-shirt that's really wrinkled or something. I don't iron, so if it's wrinkled, it goes to the laundry first.

Sarah Barah said...

The new items in question were new treats from Vicky, so they were washed. I generally do wash before wearing, but not always. :)